Maintaining your heat pump
is vital to keeping it functioning well and keeping you and your family comfortable during the Omaha winter. If you already called Interstate Heating & Air Conditioning for your annual tune-up, you’re certainly on top of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Call us at 402-509-5940 to get one on the calendar.
There are many straightforward things you can do in between pro maintenance to increase the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it running in peak shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t emphasize this enough: check your filters frequently and clean or replace them when suggested. This is such a simple way to increase the airflow through your heat pump and maintain peak efficiency.
- Determine if your coils and fans are clear for maximum airflow. Reduced airflow makes your heat pump work vigorously and can harm your system’s compressor.
- Confirm that your supply and return registers are ready and clear.
- If plants have budded up near your outdoor unit or litter has gathered, be sure to clear the area.
- Test your thermostat frequently to ensure that it’s working correctly. Merely turn it on and gradually lift the temperature setting until your heat pump switches on. If it doesn’t turn on, check back to our blog post on heat pump repair or more thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and cozy matters to us. For more thoughts on DIY furnace maintenance or to arrange a tune-up with one of our professionals, call Interstate Heating & Air Conditioning at 402-509-5940 or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!