When it’s chilly in Omaha you rely on your heat pump to keep you cozy. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair in your future. Annual maintenance service from certified technicians can keep your system operating properly and diagnose possible problem areas before they completely fall apart. Between service visits, make sure to look for cues that indicate repair is necessary. Here are some of the most common symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be working properly. Is it running for enough time? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem not as strong? These symptoms could indicate a slight problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump is stuck in heating mode or cooling mode. When it’s warm outside, your heat pump lowers the temperature in your home by moving refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When winter arrives, heat pumps reverse the process and carries refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to change modes, it may be time to contact an expert to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling as usual. Your heat pump might be overheating if it is cycling on and off too often. This might signal a simple problem. Your thermostat could need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be changed. It may also indicate a malfunction in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled evenly. Are your registers all open and clear? If they are and the problem continues, contact a professional to see why your system is breaking down or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is making a lot of noise. If your heat pump is suddenly running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
You’ll know when you need to set up heat pump repair now that you know of these common symptoms. The pros at Interstate Heating & Air Conditioning will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.