As spring starts, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Omaha? Especially if your air conditioning system is newer or was running good last season.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s a machine that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a automobile, it can end up with leaks and its moving components can fail.
Having your unit inspected seasonally by a Interstate Heating & Air Conditioning pro can help spot minor troubles before they lead to major malfunctions. (And cause your unit to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your air conditioner is placed outside your home, it’s more inclined to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively lower your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to take care of intricate internal components.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard debris that build up within your system can push it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can lead to increased energy needs—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could extend your unit’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and might even help it work longer. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity expenses and over the years, since you won’t have to install new equipment as quickly.
- It helps pinpoint small problems before they turn into large, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will carefully inspect components and perform a set of cooling performance verifications. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to find troubles before they become extensive issues that lead to an expensive repair bill.
- It helps guarantee stress-free operation throughout the warmest days. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is well-prepared to provide worry-free comfort. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this service, your unit is at risk for early breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC service should have an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the services we’ll do:
We’ll inspect the subsequent areas and parts:
- Total unit order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Immediately with Interstate Heating & Air Conditioning
Today is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Interstate Heating & Air Conditioning pros a call at 402-509-5940 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, don’t forget to look at our exclusive offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.