As spring begins, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Omaha? Especially if your cooling unit is newer or was running well last summer.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can break down.
Having your equipment checked seasonally by a Interstate Heating & Air Conditioning technician can help spot minor issues before they turn into large breakdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate in your system can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy use—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and might even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, since you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps identify little troubles before they become big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will keenly examine components and complete a set of air conditioning performance tests. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to locate problems before they turn into extensive issues that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free operation throughout the season. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this service, your equipment is open to advanced breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC service should include an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll perform:
We’ll inspect the subsequent locations and pieces:
- Overall equipment order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Tune-Up Now with Interstate Heating & Air Conditioning
Now is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Interstate Heating & Air Conditioning pros a call at 402-509-5940 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we visit your home, don’t forget to look at our discount offers for savings on your next tune-up.