As springtime begins, you might be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Omaha? Particularly if your AC equipment is newer or was running well last year.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never have to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving parts can wear out.
Having your equipment checked seasonally by a Interstate Heating & Air Conditioning expert can help spot small issues before they turn into large malfunctions. (And cause your system to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate inside your equipment can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these problems can lead to higher energy use—and a more expensive energy bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy costs and over the years, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps pinpoint little issues before they lead to big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will carefully examine pieces and complete a set of AC performance tests. These detailed procedures often allow us to find issues before they turn into extensive problems that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free comfort throughout the summer. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is ready to give worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this maintenance, your equipment is open to premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A quality AC tune-up should include an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll perform:
We’ll examine the subsequent locations and pieces:
- Full equipment state
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the services we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Immediately with Interstate Heating & Air Conditioning
Now is the greatest time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Interstate Heating & Air Conditioning pros a shout at 402-509-5940 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we arrive at your house, be sure to look at our discount offers for savings on your next tune-up.