There’s no getting around the changing weather in Omaha, it’s something we all have to account for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the top of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your cooling system. This, of course, means that it’s the perfect time to schedule annual air conditioner service as well, but maybe not in the way that you had previously thought.
Energy savings comes in a number shapes and forms, including:
- Air Conditioner Service. Many homeowners solely associate air conditioner service with switching out filters, but having a tune-up completed can help your system run more smoothly, providing you with efficient comfort that may help you save on your monthly cooling bills.
- Take It Down A Notch. Altering the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees could help you save consistently month after month. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to operate as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another easy fix that most every homeowner can handle on their own, changing air conditioner filters every month or two during the cooling season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your air conditioner.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not difficult to lose a lot of your cooled air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those irritating holes and keep the cool air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Interstate Heating & Air Conditioning technician stops by for your annual air conditioner service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are out there. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping decrease your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list complete, but there are a few simple ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures drop in Omaha. Whether you’re calling to schedule annual air conditioner service or simply want to know which air conditioner filter is right for your system, give the team at Interstate Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 402-509-5940 or schedule an appointment online to start saving a little more today.