Before you start filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not give you a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people realize that the summer months in Omaha are not the ideal time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can look for any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also helps your air conditioner operate as efficient as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you need to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are receiving the optimal benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the greatest performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also reduces your energy bills and lengthens the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at a minimum every three months, so the technician will check the cleanliness of the existing filter. By not changing your filters, you force your air conditioner to work harder than necessary and can also impact the quality of the air in your living space.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are not good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner cools your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are a lot of moving parts within in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the possibility of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can accumulate on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can impair efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from Interstate Heating & Air Conditioning in Omaha will give you a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 402-509-5940 and keep cool this summer.