Having routine air conditioning service completed at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Omaha summer, have the specialists at Interstate Heating & Air Conditioning complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, retrieve any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of illicitly releasing it to the environment.
- Check for efficient airflow through the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to work at top efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it habitually. We advise taking a look at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Interstate Heating & Air Conditioning today at 402-509-5940.