With warmer temps nearby, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at peak efficiency, it can save a significant amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could drastically heighten your expenses and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Interstate Heating & Air Conditioning expert perform air conditioning service
at least yearly is key to keeping your system operating at its best for a long time. He or she can make sure the unit is running correctly and can identify potential concerns before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your skilled air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during cooler months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could damage your system and require big repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area by your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they might inhibit airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any piece of it.
During the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or replaced during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them every month and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has it’s own needs when talking about air filter replacement, depending on factors like owning house pets or doing home construction during the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also ensure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you maintain a comfortable home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer has in store. Give the pros at Interstate Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 402-509-5940.