It feels like we’re always connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, searching the latest sports scores or scrolling Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be taken advantage of for simple conveniences like realizing when it’s time for air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These let you control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and don’t turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and change the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically switch the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or away.
Smart thermostats have been mentioned quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to improve, they will likely become even more common. And why not? They do give you a host of perks and allow you to have the most control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they understand your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re gone so that you can get the greatest savings out there. Smart thermostats make sure that your comfort is always a top priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you like to know when it’s time to replace your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to set up air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can trust your system to tell you when there is a concern or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are created for easy integration across a number of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can pick the ideal one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to evolve like most pieces of technology, but they already give you a variety of bonuses that can help increase your comfort, potentially lower your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to schedule air conditioner service. Interstate Heating & Air Conditioning in Omaha has a number of thermostats to choose from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 402-509-5940.